Re: sound module for CS4236 in Potato-r4?

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:31:34PM -0800, Klaus Neumann wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply. Something is still wrong here.
> I get at boot time:
> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Ahh - so at least it is detected now AFAIKT.

> Where do I find the correct irq settings?
> /proc/sys/pnp does not exist on my system.

Can you compile the kernel yourself? Adding in PnP support to the
kernel would help you there.

Do you have the driver as a module? If yes, then you can try all IRQ
[5,7,9,10,11 are the most common.] just with modprobe. But I believe
that PnP support in the kernel is needed.

> My sound used to work just fine under SuSE7.2. I still have the old /etc backed up. Does this help?

no really :(