Re: double booting a macG3

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:10:15AM -0500, Nathan Langford wrote:
> > What model G3 is it?  (beige, blue&white, etc)
>
> It's blue&white

Good.  It's NewWorld, and you aren't stuck using BootX if you don't
want.

> > Also, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the Mac can't boot from its
> > external floppy.  The firmware should see it just fine.
>
> CDs boot by holding down "c"; would "f" work for floppy?

It should not be necessary.  If you reboot the machine while there's a
floppy in the drive, does the disk get ejected?  If so, you should be
able to insert it early on in the boot process (like before the happy
Mac icon comes up) and boot from it.  What boot disk are you using?  It
can't be the plain rescue disk; it must be the hfs boot disk.

Also, you maybe be able to specify which disk to boot from in Open
Firmware (Ctrl+Option+o+f at boot, I think.  I may have the modifiers
wrong though).

noah