Re: spamassassin blocks MDA with fetchmail - SOLVED

On 31 Jan 2002, dman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:54:18AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> | I installed the spamassassin package and set it up as per the docs.
> | The test routine works properly but when I added the entries to my
> | .procmailrc file, fetchmail failed to download any of the mail. There is
> | a message about an MDA failure (something about a non-zero state).
>
> Must be that your MTA, whatever it is, is attempting delivery but
> procmail or SA is failing which causes delivery to fail so it reports
> it back to the transmitter ASAP.
>
> | I'd like to get it working since mailfilter fails to do anything at all
> | here. Any suggestions about what is wrong?
>
> Look at your procmail and your MTA's logs to see what happened.
>
> -D
>
> --

Yes, thanks: the problem was that the path specified in ~/.procmailrc
didn't contain /usr/bin, in which spamassassin lives.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]