Re: Windows vs. Linux

Bruce Burhans wrote:

>     Someone asked me what the difference between Windows and Linux was,
> and I presumed to answer:
>
>     Windows grew out of the work of self-involved   gameplayers, and
> Linux grew out of the work of people
> concerned with using the computer to make the world a better place.

  origin of windows does not have anything to do with games, it took
quite some time until games were available for windows (most of the
games were for dos during beginning of windows). windows is a product of
ms marketing mostly and that's why it behaves the way it does, it's main
features are to lock you in, to force you to buy updates etc.

	erik