Re: Weird CDRW issue?

Clearly you haven't used the ide-scsi emulation support before.

There are 2 likely culprits here.

1.  Check permissions on /dev/scd[01] AND on /dev/sg[01], are you
allowed to write to them?

If the perms are fine...

2.  Did you compile in SCSI generic support?

cd buring requires access to the scsi generic device (/dev/sg[01])

Cheers,

Caleb