Re: x-configuration (initialization) problem - MOUSE

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Claus [ISO-8859-1] ladekjær wilson wrote:

>Mouse doesn't work. At first it runs really fast and nobody knows where.
>Then it disappears. I tried to work around with /etc/X11/XF86Config on
>basis of older XF86Config's but with no good result. What is wrong?

Well, if a mouse is moving erratically, it generally means the protocol is
set wrongly in your XF86Config.

Also, lately, gpm seems to gone really borked, so you might try
downgrading to the stable version

apt-get remove gpm
apt-get install gpm/stable

Cameron Kerr