Re: ETH interface in full duplex mode

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, [iso-8859-1] José wrote:

>hi all !

First of all, my .procmailrc is kinda borked at the moment, so I
appologise if someones already said this.

>how to verify if an ETH interface is in fdx (full duplex) mode ?
>something in /proc ??

mii-tool

>if the iface is in half mode , how to force it in full mode ?

If its in half-duplex mode, its _very_ likely because its supposed to be.
Never-the-less, if you know better (do you really???), you can mii-tool to
force what capabilities it advertises to its link partner. Note that
mii-tool works only with NICs with a MII chip on them (10/100BaseTx
cards).

You might have to use the manufacturers DOS tool to change the setting on
older 10BaseT cards.

>thx 4 any help.
You're welcome.

Cameron Kerr