Re: pcmcia support in r3.0

You did not mention what version of boot-floppies you were using

I did a network install with pcmcia using boot-floppies 3.0.17. Modules were fine.

In the initial install phase, the network was found, but not on reboot.

For me, this was fixed by adding the line DHCP="y" after the line saying PUMP="n" (and rebooting) in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts, or directly by issuing the command "dhclient"

I am assuming your are obtaining a dynamic address. If you provide more details about what you did, and where things failed, we can be of more help.

Tom

Pieter De Troyer wrote:

Hi I'm installing debian woody (r3.0) on a laptop. I want to do a network-install. The bootfloppies I 've got don't seem to get my network working right. I loaded (manually, because mdprobe didn't do it) the following modules:

pcmcia_core
i82365
pcnet_cs
ds
8390

the led's on the pcmcia connector are lit, but i don't have any connection... configuring the network doesn't work because there is no interface found...

any suggestions would be very welcome,

thx

pieter