Re: UT

> >   Does anyone know how to install UT such that it doesn't use software
> > rendering when one has a matrox g400 card?
>
> You may have to compile kernel patches supplied by the manufacturer of
> your video card.  Also check XF86Config-4(5) for details on making sure
> DRI and GL are enabled.

  I apologize, I should have been more specific.
  I do have mga support in the kernel, and dri support in the kernel.  Yes,
XF86Config-4 is configured to enable DRI and GL.
  More than that, all of my other GL accelerated programs (eg quake3, quake2,
myth2, xscreensaver-gl screenhacks...) do run in accelerated mode.
  So I'm pretty sure this is something specific to UT.  Or maybe something
with SDL.

crh
--
Corey R. Halpin (http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~halpin/ )
Student of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences