Re: potato boot floppy

I kept trying, changing to idepci flavor and using different diskettes,
and finally got one to format without errors.
Now I am just using lilo on hda and when I give up I
dd if/boot/boot.0300 of=/dev/hda bs=446 count=1
(from page 137 of _Running Linux_)

My big problem now is hard disk errors that kick me out of booting and
tell me to remount rw and run e2fsck
but I figure I should work on that awhile before I ask for help.

Thanks

--

Sam Cook
Computer Center  CPO# 2410