Re: Kernel 2.4.17 3dfx /dev/fb0

Yes, I did add a vga=ask to my lilo.conf.  Should I remove it and use
fbset instead?

Lance

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 20:28, dman wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 07:09:39PM -0600, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> | I am running kernel 2.4.17 with 3dfx support for a Voodoo 3500 TV card
> | compiled directly into the kernel.
> | During boot I see
> | [drm] Initialized tdfx 1.0.0 20010216 on minor 0 but I don't think I
> | have /dev/fb0?
> |
> | How can I determine if this support is functioning properly?  Is there a
> | /proc area I cat cat?  I have tried using mplayer with -vo fdfxfb and I
> | get message:
> | vo_3dfx->init(): can't open /dev/fb0, No such device.
> | I have tried /dev/MAKEDEV fb0 but to no avail.  I see /dev/fb0 (it
> | exist) but does not appear to be functioning
>
> Did you add a 'vga=' or 'video=' argument to your kernel command line?
>
> I have a cheap card so I use the VESA framebuffer.  In my dmesg output
> is :
>
> vesafb: framebuffer at 0xe7000000, mapped to 0xd080d000, size 4096k
> vesafb: mode is 1280x1024x24, linelength=3840, pages=0
> vesafb: protected mode interface info at c7dc:0000
> vesafb: scrolling: redraw
> vesafb: directcolor: size=0:8:8:8, shift=0:16:8:0
> fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device
>

> do you have anything similar?
>
> -D
>
> --
>
> If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
> probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO
> 9000 then you definitely have no idea what it is.
>                                 (Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle)
>

> --

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

 I see you, and you see me.  I experience you,and you experience me.  I
see you
behavior.  You see my behavior.  But I do not and never have and never
will see
  your experience of me.  Just as you cannot "see" my expereience of
you.  My
 experience of you is not "inside" me.  It is simply you, as I
experience you.
  And I do not experience you as inside me.  Similarily, I take it that
you do
                        not experience me as inside you.
                                       -
                                   R.D. Laing