Re: [OT] sorcerer and debian-bsd

jeff wrote:

>hey peoples...
>
>just a little heads up...
>
>there's a new kid on the block...and he certainly deserves your
>attention...even if you're just a casual h4><0r/Luser like me...
>
>http://sorcerer.wox.org/
>
>very nice distro...still needs some ironing...but thus far, VERY cool in
>design and seems to be made for us fruitcakes who like a lotta text ala
>Debian/Slack...
>
>p.s. debian is cool...that is all

Encountered that distro too. Needs a hell of a processor (since it compiles
packages optimized to the processor), a fast internet connection and some good
amount of hard disk space. And sure it takes a long time to get it ready
(but heck, you get a setup custom-compiled to the type of hardware you have).
Plus the fact that it ain't for the beginner (the first step is for the
power user to compile the kernel first after succeeding in installing the
preliminary packages installed in their custom ISO-image).

Anyway, also learned that Debian is currently being ported to run the BSD
kernel (though I don't know if this is official or not). It's still far from
perfect though.

Paolo Falcone

www.edsamail.com