Newbie Install Question

I have attempted to install debian 2.2r3 several times but have been unable to get my cdrom configured in the install process. I get to the point where you specify which module you would like to install, I have not found the correct setting to pass to the kernel to allow the installation of that module to work. Things like the interrupt, etc... The drive itself is generic.

There is another time during the install where it allows you to install iso9660 but that fails to. That is under the PCMIA settings if I am not mistaken.

On the other side is it even necessary to configure this now? Or can it be done later without recompiling a kernel?

Also is it explained somewhere what files/directories need to be downloaded to burn to a cd-rom? My burner program won't burn ISO's.

Thanks-
Shaun Newcomer