Re: I boot and get: L40 40 40 40 40...

hi seneca

you've got a problem...

you need to fix your lilo.conf file..
but cant fix it since it wont boot ???

- get tom's rootboot, or linux-bbc or other stand alone
  boot media

- it'd be best/easiest to boot into single user mode
  with root=/dev/hda3  ( your current / )

- fix /etc/lilo.conf
	boot=/dev/hda
	# take linear
	# linear
	lba32
	root=/dev/hda3

- while its up and running: ( make a boot floppy )
	dd if=/boot/vmlinuz of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024
	rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda3
	sync

	- save this floppy... it will save you one day

	or use lilo or mkbootdisk to make a boot floppy

re-run lilo  again and you should be fine

c ya
alvin