Re: alsa woes: everythings loads, but no sound

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:21:36 EST, Faheem Mitha writes:
>I think sound in Linux is a bit flaky.

It never was for me.

In contradiction, it ever was one of the easiest things to get working,

Until alsa hit the stage.

But I guess that's (part of the) price you pay for no longer being able
 to use a SB16 ISA (non-PnotP), eg for supporting a whole shitload more
 than 44kHz stereo playback. It gets more complicated, and as a Lunix
 Luser (which I am myself, no pun intended) you have to understand what
 you're doing. Or asking the right questions. In the right place.

Or just get lucky.
 But at least that's the last option, not the only one.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "I have /usr/sbin/coffee mounted from /dev/mug right now, and you can't
-- have it.  Oh no, I just tried to seek past end-of-beverage. *sigh*"