Re: from casette tape to computer?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 12:44:32AM -0700, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2002 19:51, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> > I want to know if there is a way I can take material on a casette tape and
> > convert it to an audio file on my computer.
> > Thanks.
>
> This thread intrigued me, so I'm trying to record this Bad Religion tape, but
> I'm not sure where the volume on my cassette deck should be... i tried
> putting it all the way up, but that makes it all static-y, so should I have
> it all the way down, or at listening level or what?  Also gramofile only
> detected 2 tracks and i think that there should be more like 15.

You shouldn't attach amplified output to line in connections.  The
impedances required are very different and you will end up with a very bad
quality frequency response.

hth,
Pete

--
Pete Ryland <pdr@pdr.cx>                   XMLDB: http://xmldb.sf.net/
Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate.