Still having weird issues with Gtk...

Hi everybody,

Although a lot of people were extremely helpful with my previous
request, im still facing some weird issues with Gtk and Gdk...

Me previous request was that when su'ing to root, i could not
execute some graphical programs, with a Gtk error, i was told
about xauthorities, and did some tweaking with some success; i
put the Xauthority line in .bashrc, and after doing su, i did the xauth
merge ~user/.Xauthority ... this worked when i did "su", but it did
not work with su -. Could somebody translate this weird error
messages into plain english please? :)

Gdk_WARNING**: locale not supported by C library
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to server
Gtk_WARNING: cannot open display: :0

Now im also getting this other error message:
Xlib: Invalid MIT_MAGIC_COOKIE key

Anyway, after much battling, i just managed to pull gdmconfig out,
allow for root login at the graphical prompt, and i just login with root
instead of battling with su... although this is not solving my
problems for su but oh well...

Thanks..
Camilo

"Las ecuaciones son necesarias para la contabilidad, pero
son la parte aburrida de las matemáticas. La mayor parte de
las ideas interesantes pueden transmitirse con palabras
e imágenes."
- Stephen Hawking, Breve Historia del Tiempo

"Nunca pierdas la santa curiosidad"
-Albert Einstein

Registered Linux User #231105
http://counter.li.org