Re: CD-ROM issue

> 	Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I was having trouble finding out what parameters to
> pass to the kernel during an install to allow the cd-rom to work. I have been through the mailing
> lists, debian documentation, and linuxdoc.org, and found nothing.
SCSI vs. IDE?
Cable number?
Position on that cable?
Do you have a custom kernel?
You say during install. Do you mean it can't read the CD during install, or
you want to know how to set it up during install so it works? Brevity is not
a virtue on this mailing list.

I'll give some generic advice assuming an IDE CD-ROM on the second cable,
master position:
First you need to have IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM support in your kernel. It's under
block devices (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD).
Then you have to have a mount line like so in /etc/fstab
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto        0 0

(where /dev/cdrom is a symlink to /dev/hdc, or the appropriate device).