Re: Network card newbee

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:08:30PM +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Getting some ware with this one.  Have discovered modconf but my card is a
> 3com 3c5089-C and cant work out which driver to use.  Any idea?
Are you sure its not a 3c589?

Sending the output of lspci or cardcl ident for a PCMCIA card to the list
might help.

This list is not read by many mind readers :-)  The more information
you give, the more likely you are to get useful responses to your questions.
At the very least, you should say what you know about the card:

What sort of card is it?
  - Ethernet (probably)?
  - PCI/PCMCIA/ISA
    (if you don't know, where did you install it / plug it in)?
  - What make or model number is written on the card?

It also helps for you to describe what version of Debian you are running -
the answers you receive are more likely to be useful to you if people know
what you have available.

Chris