Potato net install

I would like a little guidance as to installing Debian on a friends
machine. I have set him up some partitions and intend to start it off
on a CD, then download the rest of the instalation from the Debian
sites, as he has a cable modem attached to his machine the same way I
have.

I have hit a bit of a problems as his machine has a nic in it which we
have established by trial and error as requiring the natsemi module to
run it, and this is not a part of the 2.2.19 kernel.

So, am I right in thinknig that the driver can be added into the
potato instalation procedure when a floppy is asked for prior to
standard installing of modules, and if this can be done;

  1: What files do I need on the floppy?
  2: Where can I get it/them from?
  3: What is the tree structure that the floppy
          must have for this to work?

Can anyone assist

Keith

  Keith O'Connell