Serial comm packages a la Minicom

I'd like to find a program to neatly communicate with my router/firewall
over a serial line.  I created that box specifically without any
services, including SSH, so the only way to login is over TTYS0 (or with
a keyboard).

Right now I use Minicom, but apparently it doesn't support color -- or
else I don't have it (or my remote session) configured properly.  Does
VT102 pass color codes?

Running "apt-cache search serial" or "...terminal" gives a ton of
different packages, most of which I don't have any knowledge of or
experience with.  Any suggestions?  I don't need any support for a
modem, this is a direct serial cable connection.

Jeff L Bonner

 PGP Key ID = 0x750C5FC2
Fingerprint = 9BBA A791 014A 33DE 9BCC  8B4E AD28 3CB0 750C 5FC2