Re: Where can I get JetAdmin for Linux?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 09:45:26AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
| I'm replacing a HP-UX workstation with a woody box.
|
| One of the functions of this HP box is to rotuinely check that status of a
| HP jetAdmin printer.
|
| Can I get JetAdmin software for Linux? If so has anyone got a pointer to a
| location?

I don't know what the "JetAdmin" program is, but the HP JetDirect
boxes I've seen have a mini web server in them.  Try pointing your
java-enabled web browser at the jetdirect box and see what happens.  I
remember consitently crashing the JVM when I tried :-) (though it
works on windows; blame sun).

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.