Re: Fw: configuring the kernel to make console connection

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 05:09:37PM +0700, C1tr1c 4c1d wrote:
[stripping moronic outlook headers]
> > Guys...
> >
> > Currently I'm using deb22r3 and I want to setup a router on it... How can
> > hack the kernel. I did 'make config' on /usr/src but nothing happen
> >
> > thx

Do you want to 'hack' the kernel or do you want to compile your own,
custom edition?  If the former, learn C, subscribe to lkml, and 'hack'
away.  If the latter, either download a kernel source tarball from
www.<countrycode>.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2/, place it
/usr/local/src/, run 'tar -zxf <filename>', switch to linux/, and run
make xconfig (whilst under X) or make menuconfig (console).
I'd suggest you have a look at the debian package 'kernel-package'
too; it makes compiling and installing kernels (even) easier and
neater.

-rob