Re: euro char on US keyboard

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 18:50, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 06:08:32PM +0100, Andreas Leitner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I live in Austria, but for convenience use a keyboard with the standard
> > US layout. It actually got a Euro symbol printed on the "5" key (to the
> > right of the five, just like @ on the german keyboard is right to "2"
> > iirc). Thing is, AFAIK you reach those symbols to the right via the
> > AltGr key, but there is none on my keyboard
> >

> > Now I read the debian-euro-howto over and over again, but I cannot find
> > out what to do. Using euro-test, I get the Euro Sign in the xterm
> > displayed correctly, I just cannot _type_ it. Since I don't know how to
> > type it, I cannot know how to configure X to use it (;
> >
> > Anybody knows?
>
> Try WindowsKey-Shift-4.  I think that will work on a US keyboard with the
> default US keymap.

Meanwhile I found out that the correct keycombination would be
CTRL-ALT-5, I tried to change /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/us, but
with no success.

I changed
--
key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ]       };
key <AD03> {        [         EuroSign,    E               ]       };

had no effect whatsoever.

Anybody knows the correct modification? And shouldn't this be really in
debian proper?

Andreas