euro char on US keyboard

Hi,

I live in Austria, but for convenience use a keyboard with the standard
US layout. It actually got a Euro symbol printed on the "5" key (to the
right of the five, just like @ on the german keyboard is right to "2"
iirc). Thing is, AFAIK you reach those symbols to the right via the
AltGr key, but there is none on my keyboard

Now I read the debian-euro-howto over and over again, but I cannot find
out what to do. Using euro-test, I get the Euro Sign in the xterm
displayed correctly, I just cannot _type_ it. Since I don't know how to
type it, I cannot know how to configure X to use it (;

Anybody knows?

tia,
Andreas