Re: how much can it take

I was inspired to write an article about stress testing web servers
after I did some consulting for a client whose server fell over when put
into production after testing out flawlessly during development.  This
was a consumer eCommerce site that was put online just in time for the
Christmas shopping season.

It seems they never tested the server under a production load.

You may find the article helpful:

Use Validators and Load Generators to Test Your Web Applications
http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/webapptesting/
--
Michael D. Crawford
crawford@goingware.com