how much can it take?

Hello,
I have a Dell PIII 800 MHz with 256 Meg Ram running debian and apache,
along with mysql and sendmail. I have a redundant t1 connection to this
server.
I have a website that gets about 800000 hits per month and transfers
about 8403274 KB per month.
The site gets an average of about 922 Hits per hour (average of 22139
hits per day) the daily transfer rate is an average of 233,424 KB per
day.
My question is how much can I take on my server?
When would it be good to get a new server to take the load.
Should I get a load balancer and balance it out between several servers?
We could expect the hits to grow as large as 3 Million within the next
few months.
Thanks,
--
Matt Fair