Re: help installing printing-system ...

On Friday 18 January 2002 11:34 am, Palfalvi Richard wrote:
> Hi guys out there!
>
> I need some help on getting started my printer, a CANON-S450-inkjet.

i don't know anything about turboprint, but it seems like overkill to have
two different systems administering your printer. i just went through setting
up an epson stylus color 580--for which the manufacturer offers absolutely no
linux support--with cups, using the browser administration, that did
everything from configuring the device to finally popping out a test page,
and all of that in less than five minutes. given that you're getting a no
default destination error, i'd suggest that adding the printer from the cups
administration page would be your first stop. that will generate an initial
printcap file that you can modify as necessary.