Re: eth0

"Joe Wise" <jwise@newroads.org> writes:
> Ok, I am still trying to get the ethernet card installed.  When I try to
> install the driver, I get a message that says;  device busy could be an IO or
> IRQ conflict.  Any help available?  IT is a 3COM card and I think that the
> driver is tulip

I don't think any of the 3Com cards use a Tulip driver, but I may be
mistaken. If it's a PCI device you can install the "pciutils" pacakge,
e.g.,
        apt-get install pciutils

and then execute the command:

        lspci

You should get a line similar to:

04:0b.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX [Fast Etherlink] (rev 78)

The 3c905C-TX is the important bit. Given that I can find out the
driver I need. In my case it's the 3c59x module, which I load via the
command "modprobe 3c59x".

Gary