sattellite connection for downloads

Hi,
I might consider purchasing a dvb card and connect
it to my dish for retrieving internet data via
the sattellite. All uploads will continue to go
via my 56K modem. There is an interesting HOWTO
that explains how to configure this stuff under Linux.
http://www.infodrom.org/Linux/HOWTO/Sat/Sat-HOWTO.html
This stuff seems to be quite well supported.
Debian's apt-cache search dvb brings up quite some things
related to this.
I thought I would give it a try since the ISP (Opensky) is
giving free access as they are under a sort of testing
period. That remains for me to install some additional
device on the dish, the cable from the dish to my
computer, and a dvb card totalling to approx 150EUR.

Has anyone every tried this?
Any comments in relation to bandwidth, configuration
problems, and anything else are welcome.
David.