Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:19:12AM -0500, dman wrote (1.00):
> (FWIW UNIX had the first IM called 'talk', too bad I never see it used
> anymore (in fact, I can't get it to work at school))

Heh.  I use talk all the time, but it's different from IM's... (although
I guess the "chat mode" of ICQ, etc would be more like talk than the
silly "interrupt your workflow and yammer messages at you" mode)

Not suprised that it's not used much anymore, though... not too many
multi-user Unix shell hosts left around.  I'm lucky to have accounts on
a couple with large enough user-bases for old school Unix communication
tools to still be useful.