Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

dsh8290@rit.edu wrote:

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:56:46PM -0800, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
| Does anyone out there use ICQ under Debian?

Not much recently, but I still sign on.  (#53433584)

I use 'everybuddy'.  It isn't complete, and icq can make it crash
sometimes, but it is nice.
I used to use GnomeICU (and gaim for aim) which is also pretty.  Nice
panel applet too.

| I'm considering installing WINE and trying to get the Windows ICQ client

Ugh!  That client is really really ugly.

-D

i am using imici http://www.imici.com/, on debian woody - stable ,

had to get old stdc++ lib though

the free version has chat functionality, but not file transfer

it also does icq/msn/aim/yahoo - but again unless i am cluesless there

is no file transfer, which i kinda like, i have other means of doing

that

i abandoned everybuddy some time ago, but it seemed to work for me,

had to adjust server info if i recall correctly ( and use full hotmail

address, not just pre@, same as imici ) , but i have heard lately

other users of everybuddy having problems

darrell