Re: How to setup a pop3 server?

<quote who="Rory Campbell-Lange">

> However I need a Mac-friendly pop3 daemon that will work well with
> exim and Macs (OS9 Entourage and OSX Mail, I think). There are no
> special needs. However if there is no real difference between them,
> I'd prefer to 'do it right' and learn to configure a good pop3
> implementation rather than a lightweight one. My office, with about
> 120 workers, might need a pop3 server in the future!

i ran a ISP that had ~85% mac customers for several years,
and for most of the time we used UW's ipop3d. we later moved
to qpopper (downloaded source from eudora) and it works good
too. still have a few users left on my dsl line ..about 10 ..
all are mac users..read their email daily through qpopper or
UW imapd ..

don't know about OS X ..but pop3 is a standard, if a client
for some reason doesn't work, chances are its a broken client.
most of my clients used netscape mail on MacOS 8-9.x

imap is much more complicated then pop and there can be
many more compadiblity issues, but pop3 there should be none.

nate