Re: init 5 ?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:30:35 +0100 Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> According to Ron Johnson:
> > On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:48:51 +0000 (UTC) Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > > X and runlevels don't have anything to do with eachother in Debian.
> > > The default runlevel is 2, and all services run in runlevel 2.
> >
> > What if you change to "id:3:initdefault:" in /etc/inittab, like
> > I did?
>
> Well then the default would be 3

Well, duh.  Would any harm come?  Why does Debian choose rl 2,
whereas RH-types choose rl 3?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org       |
! "Millions of Chinese speak Chinese, and it's not           |
!  hereditary..."                                            |
!    Dr. Dean Edell                                          !