Re: Aterm vs Eterm

Thus spake Theo Bierman:
> Hi All
>
> On installatin of Debian comes Eterm, however I also installed aterm. When in aterm I ssh to another machine and then I cannot vi files:
>
> vi: No terminal database found
>
> This does however work with Eterm....
>
> Should I have installed aterm with extra parameters?
Try echo $TERM in both - they're probably different.  For ssh sessions
into boxes not of my making, I often do TERM=linux ssh <blah blah>.
That sets the $TERM for just that shell - you can try xterm or Eterm
or whatever you like instead.
HTH,
Steve
--
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power.