Re: OT: Rant

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Note that Corel _did_ (does?) have a Unix-native version, including a
> console mode (not available, AFAIK, in the WP8 which was made generally
> available for GNU/Linux).  This would seem to be the program you're
> looking for.  What the availability of this program is I don't know.

You needed to have bought the WP8/Server edition.  It was basically an
updated WP5/Unix, with the ability to interpret most formatting added
since WP5, although it couldn't do a whole lot with it.

I used it a bit, and still have it rattling around somewhere.  I don't
know if you could buy it anywhere these days... I doubt it.  You'd
also have to go through the usual library work getting it to run on a
modern system (it was linked against libc5, iirc.)

Think big.  Pollute the Mississippi.