Re: Login problem

Thus spake Seneca Cunningham:
> Cameron Matheson <cmatheson3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm probably missing something here... but can't you just wait for the
> > password prompt?
>
> I could, but I don't want to always check my timing. Normally I just type at
> full speed like foo did, and the password prompt comes up before the
> password gets in. But sometimes the password prompt takes a moment before it
> comes up, and some characters of my password get exposed.
>
> > about the source... are you sure that the archive is good?  Does it have a
> > .gz or .tgz extension?  If it's a .bz2 then you will need to use bunzip2
>
> The filename is shadow_20000902.orig.tar.gz
>
> > instead of gunzip.
>
> > On Tuesday 15 January 2002 08:16 pm, Seneca Cunningham wrote:
> > > I downloaded the source so that I could see if I could do anything about
> > > it, but gzip is complaining that it isn't in gzip format. Is there any
> > > special package I need to get to be able to decompress the source? I
> have
> > > gzip version 1.3.2-3, tar 1.13.25-1, and login 20000902-8.
Try file shadow_20000902.orig.tar.gz - your browser may have just
transparently decompressed it for you, and you'r left with a misnamed
tar archive.  If so, rename it and go to.  BTW, I occasionally have
the same problem, but I have tried to learn to restrain myself when
logging in.  Not always easy, so if you find a fix, let me know?
Steve
--
When it comes to helping you, some people stop at nothing.