Re: ethernet card

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:59:57PM -0800, Joe Wise wrote:
| Newbie here, why didn’t my Ethernet card get installed?  It is a 3com.

It is installed ;-).  If you look at your box, it's there right?

Oh, you want to configure the software side of it :-)

| What can I do to install it?

Which model is it?

You'll want to add

-------------
alias eth0 <modname>
-------------

to a file in /etc/modutils (the name is of your own choosing) and run
'update-modules'.  Then edit /etc/network/interfaces and put the
proper setup for your network topology.  For the machine I am on right
now it looks like

-------------
# LAN
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.0.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    #gateway 192.168.0.X

# WAN (ADSL)
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

-D

--

But As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
        Joshua 24:15