Re: OT: Rant

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 13:55, Kent West wrote:
> I know it's not appropriate to rant, especially off-topic, but I just gotta!
>
> I really miss WordPerfect! And I wish there were some open-source
> software that did what it does.

I feel your pain :) I like, use WP8 for Linux. All I can say I have a
full version of WP8 for Linux packaged as a .deb package. I got mine
from a copy of Corel Linux Deluxe. The WP8 deb package  is usable on
Woody or unstable with just two additonal packages installed.
'type1inst' & 'libc5' from the old libraries section. Since Corel no
longer supports apps for the Linux/Unix platform you have to add a third
party 'filtrix patch' to import MS Word docs.The old filtrix filter died
from a UNIX bug.
http://olivier.pk.wau.nl/~valentyn/wp8fix/
--
Greg C. Madden