Re: Speeding up apt-get security updates

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:35:39PM -0500, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> 	I manage a small groups of Debian stable boxes that manage the internet
> side of a local business.  I'm wondering if there is a kosher way to only
> download security patches once.  Our link isn't so hot, and having each of a
> dozen boxes go out to security.debian.org for updated packages gets old.

- squid (as you've already mentioned)
- Export a central /var/cache/apt via NFS or similar
- Upgrade one machine, then manually copy the debs from its
  /var/cache/apt to the others and either put them in /var/cache/apt
  and upgrade normally or just use `dpkg -i` to install the deb
  directly without going through apt

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss