Re: Pentium Freezes (Potato)

Just a follow-up:

After fiddling with many BIOS settings I finally had the notion to
pull memory chips in hopes that the error was there, one of them being
the 256k L2 cache. With only 8MB in it, the acid-test of compiling
utils-linux passed. With the cache in the machine, though, the system
was unstable. I tried all the memory that it came with (32 MB) without
the cache chip and again, it passed the acid-test. Right now:

  3:22am  up  1:29,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00

Tentativly it's doing fine and we all expect a full recovery.

Thank you for all your help!

Regards, Elizabeth