Re: user logger!

also sprach techlists@techgod.net <techlists@techgod.net> [2002.01.13.0016 +0100]:
> I've got a user who I think is screwing up my server.  How do I set up
> a log to "log" everything this person does?  And can I watch it real
> time?

compile your kernel with accounting turned on (does the debian stock
kernel have that? it should...) and install the 'acct' package.
/etc/init.d/acct start and you can use `lastcomm theuser` to get a list
of all commands executed by that user. it's thorough, but it's not as
illegal as ttysnoop...

i need not suffer in silence
while i can still moan, whimper and complain.