Re: X Configuration in Woody

XFree86 4 will use XF86Config if no XF86Config-4 file exists.

-4 is needed only if you want both XFree86 3.x and 4.x installed
simultaneously (so sayeth David Dawes to me in mail within the
last week).

I'm not convinced that sane things happen with various X configuration
tools, but I'm still puzzling out XFree86 ideosyncracies from Debian
ideosyncracies (I'm new to Debian).

I'll spare everyone my flame about the config file; I complain
directly to XFree86 on that one (and have done so bitterly again
in the last week)...

I do note, that even having installed loads of Gnome and KDE
stuff on woody, that I have no /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig file,
and therefore am further from getting my apps running antialiased
than I should be....  Is this normal, or am I missing something?
				- Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory