Re: X Configuration in Woody

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 19:45, Mark Wagnon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get a dist-upgraded woody system to run X correctly.
> I've read through a previous thread about running dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86, but I still seem to be having a few problems. First,
> my monitor is being driven at resolutions I know will burn it up, but
> when configuring X, I selected to have a more modest 1152x864 at 16
> bit color. However X is running at something like 1400x1050 (something
> really strange).
>
> I think I'll stick with this one problem for now, as it's the one that
> concerns me the most.
>
> Is this info stored anywhere else, because none of my modelines have a
> setting that high in my XF86Config-4 file.

If you don't have a XF86config-4 file you don't have a complete Xfree
4.x install. It seems to me when I did this I had a mix of Xfree ver 3 &
4, no XF86config-4 just an XF86cconfig file. I can't remember exactly
how I fixed this but maybe using 'dselect' and removing all
Xfree-ver.3.x packages and making sure  you have alll Xfree 4.x version
packages.

Greg Madden