Re: total lockups when resizing a window

<quote who="Paul Scott">
> I get a total lockup occasionally when resizing a window.   It
> usually  seems to happen when I make a fairly quick mouse move.  I
> am running  woody/sid on 2.2.19pre17.  gpm is running from boot.  I

some like to use gpm and /dev/gpmdata for X. i never have..
never have trusted it. it probably works fine but to test
you should try without gpm. this is my mouse section for
X4 under woody:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Zaxismapping" "4 5"
EndSection

never have had a lockup..but im sure theres people
who use gpm who haven't either ..i would check to
be sure therte are no IRQ conflicts with the port
your mouse is using.

nate