Re: Exim Adding "Sender" Header

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:58:28AM +0000, Pete Ryland wrote:
| On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:25:57PM -0500, dman wrote:
| > On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 07:13:13PM -0600, Benjamin Pharr wrote:
| > | When I send e-mail from my Debian box, Exim is adding a Sender header on
| > | the way out.
| >
| > You're not trusted, so exim reports who you "really" are and allows
| > you to forge From: anyways.
| >
| > | I tried adding my username to trusted_users in /etc/exim/exim.conf,
| > | but Exim dies saying it can't find that user. Any ideas? Thanks in
| > | advance!
| >
| > typo?
|
| Not well documented IMHO, but remember that it is a
| *colon*-seperated list.

Section 7.11 "List construction" of spec.txt.gz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some configuration settings accept a colon-separated list of items.
<... mentions IPv6 addresses ...>
Doubling their colons is an unwelcome chore, so a mechanism was
introduced to allow the separator character to be changed. If a list
begins with a left angle bracket, followed by any punctuation
character, that character is used instead of colon as the list
separator. For example, the list above can be rewritten to use a
semicolon separator like this:

  local_interfaces = <; 127.0.0.1 ; ::1

So, yes, lists are colon-separated unless you explicitly choose
another punctuation.

-D

--

An anxious heart weighs a man down,