Re: Exim Adding "Sender" Header

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 07:13:13PM -0600, Benjamin Pharr wrote:
| When I send e-mail from my Debian box, Exim is adding a Sender header on
| the way out.

You're not trusted, so exim reports who you "really" are and allows
you to forge From: anyways.

| I tried adding my username to trusted_users in /etc/exim/exim.conf,
| but Exim dies saying it can't find that user. Any ideas? Thanks in
| advance!

typo?

Alternatively you can not set From: in your MUA and stick your real
address in /etc/email-aliases.

-D

--

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.