why does a process gets killed?

Hi,

i am running some neuron simulations in Neuron
a dialect of 'oc/hoc'.

The problem i have is that on one of my machines
the process gets killed after a certain number of cycles.
(This number is not absolutely constant but has very
small variation between 100-120.)

On another machine, everything works asolutely fine,
i could run up to 3000 cycles.
Differences between the two machine:
the former is a PIII 850 w. 512 Mb RAM
running  potato w. kernel 2.2.19.
The later is a PIII 800 w. 128 Mb RAM (laptop)
running woody w. kernel 2.4.x (16 at present).

There are no error messeges, nothing that would give me
a clue what's going on.
What could i do to figure out what is the problem?
I will also try to upgrade the machne to woody
and 2.4 kernel but would be still nice to know
why does this happen.

thanks

imre