Re: ~Maildir and /var/spool/mail/$USER

also sprach Américo Rocha <astartoth@linuxkafe.net> [2002.01.09.1843 +0100]:
> I'm running Maildir, wich is configured to deliver mail
> to ~/home/Maildir. But somehow, some messages, are still
> being delivered to /var/spool/mail/$USER. I *don't* even
> have exim running

we can attack this step-wise:

please give us the output of the following commands (even if they are
failures):

dpkg -S sendmail
dpkg -S qmail-inject
dpkg -S procmail

and let john be one of the users for whom the problem occurs, please
give the outputs of the following:

cd ~john
for i in .{forward,qmail,procmailrc}; do echo "=== $i ==="; cat $i; done

i'd rather be riding a high speed tractor
with a beer on my lap,
and a six pack of girls next to me.