Re: routing help on dual homed box

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:20:48PM -0600, Ron Johnson did this all over the keyboard:

> However, with a dhcp-assigned fully-routable IP address, how
> can you create rules on it without 1st knowing the address?
> So, mustn't you make it S38firewall?
>
> Of course, if you have a dhcp-assigned address that never
> changes, I guess you could fudge things.

why do you care about your ip address?

iface=<your device>

ifconfig ${iface} | grep 'inet'  | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d " " -f1

or, if you have ipv6 support grep -v the inet6 stuff. the rest should be
the same.
cheers, Willi

P.S.: Glad to be back on this list after a break of 5 months :).

--
i am a sysadmin because i couldn't beat
a blind monkey in a coding contest.